Cracked heels are inherently thought of as a pesky winter season problem for most of us. However, extreme workouts, dry indoor air, improper footwear can lead to cracked and painful heels. Besides being unappealing to some, cracked heels are also very painful and can be caused all year around. Just as we spend hours going through the skincare aisle for our face and body, it is time to take time out and reach for the foot cream too. But fret not; if you are not sure which cream to invest in, we have 5 excellent fixes straight out of your kitchen that is sure to heal your cracked heels.
Here are some remedies to heal your cracked heels.
1. Banana Paste
Loaded with the benefits of vitamins A, B6, C, and potassium, banana is a natural moisturizer that can keep your skin well- moisturized and prevent skin drying.
Two ripe bananas and a few drops of coconut oil.
- Mash the bananas into a smooth paste and add a few drops of coconut oil to them.
- Apply the paste all across your feet and nails and let it stay for 30 minutes before you rinse it off.
- Repeat this for at least 2 weeks before going to bed to get the best results.
A natural antiseptic, honey is excellent to heal cracked heels and free them from germs. Being a humectant, honey can moisturize your feet to rejuvenate your ailing skin.
- Mix the honey in a tub of warm water.
- Clean the feet and massage the honey water gently for 20 minutes.
- Once done, dry your feet and follow up with a moisturizer.
Known for its cure-all properties, natural coconut oil is good at being absorbed into the skin and penetrating through layers deep to give you moisturized and healthy skin.
2 to 3 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Gently clean and pat dry your feet thoroughly.
- Apply a generous layer of coconut oil all over your feet and toes.
- Repeat this daily before going to bed to heal the cracked heels. Wear clean, comfortable socks and leave them overnight.
When it comes to moisturizing foot cream, you can rely on Coco Soul’s foot cream. Blended with the goodness of neem, peppermint oil, and virgin king coconut oil, this foot cream penetrates your skin to free you from cracked heels.
- 2 to 3 pumps of Coco Soul foot cream
- Sea salts
- Tub of warm water
- Soak your feet in warm water added with sea salts for about 15 minutes to soften the dry skin.
- Apply Coco Soul foot cream thoroughly onto your feet and toenails.
- Wear a pair of comfortable woolen socks and leave them on overnight.
Rice flour is great at exfoliating your skin and can slough off dead skin layers on your cracked heels. Honey is a natural antiseptic, and vinegar is a mild acid to moisturize your skin.
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tsp honey
- 5-6 drops of vinegar
- Make a scrub by mixing all the ingredients to form a thick paste.
- Soak your feet in lukewarm water for 10 minutes, dry, and then gently scrub using the mixture to clear off the dead skin.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times a week.
Foot care routine to follow regularly:
- Soak your feet in a tub of warm water on the days your feet are extra tired.
- Gently rub the heels with a pumice stone to remove dead skin cells.
- Massage a foot crack cream regularly before hitting the bed.
- Never ignore dry, cracked heels; if left unattended, your dead skin can get thicker and cause more pain.