- March 20, 2018
- by Mark H. Whitmore
Taxi driver caught charging customers automatic tips
- Feb 28, 2018
- by Mark H. Whitmore
A Melbourne taxi passenger has been alarmed to find out her fare from the airport automatically included a “tip” for the driving force.
VIDEO Two guys were charged over a savage attack on a taxi motive force in Sydney.
Alyssa Allen idea the fare was a bit abnormal whilst she obtained the receipt for her Silver Top Taxi journey from Melbourne’s airport to Richmond.
“I used my credit card to pay and I turned into given a receipt for $72,” she told Melbourne radio station 3AW.
“I concept ‘that is pretty luxurious, I’ll have a quick appearance’.”
Ms. Allen realized she incurred a ‘tip’ price for her taxi fare. Source: 3AW
Ms. Allen’s fare become $56.30 plus airport and tolls fee of $10, plus a carrier price of $3.12
She then observed a rate of $2.32 – 3.Five in keeping with the cent of the fare and tolls – connected at the lowest.
Kidnapped model ‘shared bed and went shoe purchasing’ with captor
‘Embarrassing for Sydney’: Self-proclaimed ‘Mayor of Martin Place’ defying Council deal to move tent town on
John Ibrahim’s brothers Michael and Fadi ‘arrested in Dubai over drug syndicate’ amid Sydney raids
“I stated to him ‘I don’t bear in mind you asking me if you desired a tip’.
“I don’t mind purchasing a tip if he had asked, and I simply idea it’s far quite sneaky adding it on and assuming the patron wants to pay that.
“How many human beings are being stuck out?”
When Ms. Allen questioned the receipt, the driver supplied to pay the top returned.
PLAY VIDEO 1:17
SCAMMERS INSTALL CREDIT CARD SKIMMER IN A FLASH
VIDEO Security digital camera video from the United States well-known shows just how speedy fraudsters can deploy devices designed to steal credit and debit card info.
Seven News Online contacted the Silver Top Taxi business enterprise and have been directed to the Victorian Taxi Association for the remark.
A Victorian Taxi Association spokesperson stated: “there must be no times where a driver is consisting of his own tip inside the fee”.
“Passengers are recommended to offer a tip if they may be satisfied with the service,” the spokesperson stated.
“We do urge clients to test their receipts to ensure there are not any discrepancies with the price of the fare.”
So why use assertive communication?
All of us use assertive behavior at times… quite often when we feel vulnerable or unsure of ourselves we may resort to submissive, manipulative or aggressive behavior.
Yet being trained in assertive communication actually increases the appropriate use of this sort of behavior. It enables us to swap old behavior patterns for a more positive approach to life. I’ve found that changing my response to others (be they work colleagues, clients or even my own family) can be exciting and stimulating.
The advantages of assertive communication
There are many advantages of assertive communication, most notably these:
- It helps us feel good about ourselves and others
- It leads to the development of mutual respect with others
- It increases our self-esteem
- It helps us achieve our goals
- It minimizes hurting and alienating other people
- It reduces anxiety
- It protects us from being taken advantage of by others
- It enables us to make decisions and free choices in life
- It enables us to express, both verbally and non-verbally, a wide range of feelings and thoughts, both positive and negative
There are, of course, disadvantages…
Disadvantages of assertive communication
Others may not approve of this style of communication, or may not approve of the views you express. Also, having a healthy regard for another person’s rights means that you won’t always get what YOU want. You may also find out that you were wrong about a viewpoint that you held. But most importantly, as mentioned earlier, it involves the risk that others may not understand and therefore not accept this style of communication.
Characteristics of assertive communication
There are six main characteristics of assertive communication. These are:
- eye contact: demonstrates interest, shows sincerity
- body posture: congruent body language will improve the significance of the message
- gestures: appropriate gestures help to add emphasis
- voice: a level, the well-modulated tone is more convincing and acceptable and is not intimidating
- timing: use your judgment to maximize receptivity and impact
- content: how, where and when you choose to comment is probably more important than WHAT you say
The importance of “I” statements
Part of being assertive involves the ability to appropriately express your needs and feelings. You can accomplish this by using “I” statements. These indicate ownership, do not attribute blame, focuses on behavior, identifies the effect of behavior, is direct and honest, and contributes to the growth of your relationship with each other.
Strong “I” statements automatic have three Taxi driver specific elements:
- Tangible effect (consequence to you)
Example: “I feel frustrated when you are late for meetings. I don’t like having to repeat information.”
Six techniques for assertive communication
There are six assertive techniques – let’s look at each of them in turn.
1. Behaviour Rehearsal: which is literally practicing how you want to look and sound. It is a very useful technique when you first want to use “I” statements, as it helps dissipate any emotion associated with an experience and allows you to accurately identify the behavior you wish to confront.
2. Repeated Assertion (the ‘broken record’): this technique allows you to feel comfortable by ignoring manipulative verbal side traps, argumentative baiting, and irrelevant logic while sticking to your point. To most effectively use this technique use calm repetition, and say what you want and stay focused on the issue. You’ll find that there is no need to rehearse this technique, and no need to ‘hype yourself up’ to deal with others.
Fogging: this technique allows you to receive criticism comfortably, without getting anxious or defensive, and without rewarding manipulative criticism. To do this you need to acknowledge the criticism, agree that there may be some truth to what they say, but remain the judge of your choice of action. An example of this could be, “I agree that there are probably times when I don’t give you answers to your questions.