While apps keep growing in recognition as a primary direction for human beings to interface with the digital world, there remains a very full-size role for the web, and these days, a startup that enables agencies to build and run websites, especially on WordPress, has raised a completely huge round of cash. WP Engine, which claims to be one of the international’s largest WordPress hosts, has raised $250 million in investment led through Silver Lake, cash that the corporation intends to apply to fuel its global increase and hold developing its Digital Experience Platform, the product that underpins its predominant line of business.
The organization did no longer disclose its valuation (we’re asking) in its own announcement of the funding, but in its ultimate spherical, in 2015, whilst it picked up a modest $20 million, WP Engine become worth simply below $194 million submit-money, in keeping with PitchBook. This might mean a modern valuation of a minimum of $444 million, or more if this became an up-round.
It’s probably it became: the company boasts that it now makes greater than $100 million in annual habitual sales and has more than 75,000 clients, up 30 percent inside the final yr. The corporation, in reality, says that its platform powers around five percent of all net visits. WordPress itself, WP Engine says, debts for 29 percent of the complete Internet today versus thirteen percent in 2010.
This makes WP Engine the biggest WordPress host the various 1 million maximum-trafficked sites on the Internet, and a good-sized player in its own right, placing to paid the perception that an organization this is constructed on a platform — in WP Engine’s case, WordPress — it does now not own is in a precarious kingdom. (For those wondering, the 29 percent stat is based totally on studies from W3Techs from November 2017; and the ‘biggest’ stat comes from “WP Engine studies identifying the Web Content Management structures’ digital fingerprints for the maximum visited one million websites as identified via Alexa.”)
As you will count on for an enterprise that works with corporations, there is extra to WP Engine than just web hosting. It integrates with offerings like AWS and Google Cloud Platform, offers not simply infrastructure, analytics, and protection, and helps in a platform that people can utilize throughout the complete ecosystem of an organization’s digital operations, from developers to marketers and others. To date, the Austin, Texas-based employer has raised around $290 million inclusive of this modern-day round, with other investors together with none other than Automattic, the organization at the back of WordPress, as well as GuidePost Growth Equity (formerly called North Bridge), Eric Ries (of “Lean Startup” repute) and Silverton.
Silver Lake approaching is a significant addition to that blend, given its track document with several other big-call, outsized startups, including Alibaba, Didi Chuxing, SoFi, Tesla, and many more. “We are partnering with Silver Lake because of their amazing track record as era buyers, their information of virtual platform organizations like ours, and because of the alignment in core values we proportion,” stated Heather J. Brunner, Chairwoman, and CEO of WP Engine, in an announcement. “This partnership will help us, in addition, put money into our Digital Experience Platform and produce the power of our platform to WordPress users everywhere in the globe.”
“WP Engine’s agency-grade era and exquisite provider permit its customers to create excessive first-class websites with great-in-class performance rapidly,” said Lee Wittlinger of Silver Lake within the announcement. “We believe WP Engine is poised to take a main global function within the rapid-developing WordPress atmosphere, and we look forward to working along with the company’s proficient control group as it executes on its subsequent phase of development.”
Comparing Magento with WordPress is like evaluating apples to oranges because these are extremes that can’t be compared. Both of them are similarly good and mentioned plenty within the world of Website improvement. When we start peeping in the hole, we encounter many similarities, variations, and limitations related to Magneto improvement and WordPress development.
What are Magento and WordPress?
Magento is an effective open-source e-trade solution. It is designed to customize, manage, set up, and run your online portal. It presents the most flexibility, scalability, and management. WordPress is an internet, open supply internet site creation device written in PHP. It is probably the easiest and maximum effective running a blog and internet site content material management machine (or CMS) in life today. It allows you to create a beautiful internet site that certainly represents your business.
Also, WordPress emerged because of the most extensively used running a blog platform. It nonetheless is! But now, it has additionally emerged as a leading content management machine that supports a good deal of compliance and grants the most fulfilling overall performance in numerous scenarios.
WordPress Vs. Magento — Similarities
On the floor degree, those two platforms would possibly appear to be very comparable as they both are very search engine optimization friendly, fairly customizable, can be considerably themed, and offers a strong online guide network. In addition to all this, Magento and WordPress are a content management device that allows addition, change, and control of the content material in an easy yet extraordinarily effective manner.
Magento Vs. WordPress — Differences
When we analyze in greater depth, we encounter many vivid differences between Magento and WordPress, which are key figuring out factors when we make a desire among them.
1) Difference based totally on programming language: WordPress is an open-source website device that has its programming inside a hard and fast of sequenced PHP scripts simultaneously as Magento is especially advanced for e-commerce and is object-oriented. It unfolds across a great number of documents and folders.
2) Security: Magento is also more comfortable than the use of WordPress third birthday party plugins.
3) Development Scenario: Magento files are installation throughout several documents and folders that share the identical call. In WordPress, all the files are largely contained within the same folder but have a unique naming conference. WordPress has its famed “Widgets” – objects that manage the structural elements and layout inside a template. Magento has each CMS static blocks and widgets – even as widgets offer a higher degree of standard functionality.
4) E-trade Plugins: Magento became developed in particular for eCommerce. Just by using navigating through the Magento Admin Panel, you’ll word that an overwhelming majority of it’s far committed to eCommerce abilities like shipping alternatives, charge integration, stock, charge control, gift cards, or order success, whereas, for WordPress, e-Commerce plug-ins are limited.
5) Based on Selling of products: If the only cause of your internet site is for running a blog and content management and also you aren’t meant to promote extra than 20 to 25 merchandise, then the appropriate platform for you is WordPress while in case you intend to promote merchandise, then the use of Magento is highly recommended.