The “Gone Till November” singer moved from his local Haiti to Brooklyn, New York, whilst he became 13 – says his favorite songs sheltered him, said Contactmusic. “Music can save your life. Literally, when I first started to play the song, it stored my existence. When you’re in those communities as a teen, tune gave me refuge. “I was locating myself through poetry, thru sounds, and that distracted me from being on the block. At times while a shooting becomes happening, I ignored it via 15 mins due to the fact I’d determined to instruction this Jimi Hendrix solo,” he says. (PTI)
Music is one of the greatest creations of humankind in the course of history. It is creativity in a pure and undiluted form and format. Music plays a vital role in our daily life. It is a way of expressing our feelings and emotions. Music is a way to escape life, which gives us pain relief and helps us to reduce the stress of the daily routine. It helps us to calm down and even excites us in the moment of joy. Moreover, it enriches the mind and gives us self-confidence.
Read More Article:
The origins of Indian music can be traced back to the chanting of the Sama Veda nearly 4,000 years ago. The primacy of the voice, and the association of musical sound with prayer, were thus established early in the history of Indian music. Today, music is available to us in different forms, and the choice of music varies from person to person, just as the reading choices vary from one another. There is folk music, classical music, devotional music, instrumental, jazz, rock music, pop music, Hindi movie songs, and many more.
In the modern world, life Music has gained a NE’.Wyclef honorable designation music of ‘HEALING WITHOUT MEDICINE Doctors feel that music therapy has been helping them in treating many people with problems like dementia, dyslexia depression, and trauma.” Many children with learning disabilities and poor coordination have learned and responded to set pieces of music. Many people with genetic disabilities have found a new light in the form of music.
Dance critic Ashish Khokar cites an experiment as proof: “Music is produced from sound, and sound affects our sense perception in many ways. Even fish in an aquarium were once made to listen to different kinds of music, and it was found that their movements corresponded with the beat of the music. Mind you, fish do not hear; they only felt the vibrations of the sound through water. So you can imagine what a profound effect sound and music might have on the human mind.”
Anand Avinash, the founder of the Neuro-Linguistic Consciousness workshop who has researched music therapy, says, “the mystics and saints from ancient to modern times have shown how music can kindle the higher centers of the mind and enhance the quality of life.” Mantras, or chants used in the West, repeated monotonously, help the mind achieve a balance. A combination of the sounds in Sanskrit mantras produces certain positive vibrations and elevates the mind to a higher level of consciousness.
We all know that meditation cleanses the system of its negative energies and vibrations. And music is a powerful aid to meditation. In many meditation workshops, music is used to make people more aware of their moods and feelings. People are made to lie down and empty their minds and then listen to the music, which is systematically changed to fit through different emotions and states of consciousness.
Many people also believe that any music you respond to positively will work for you, regardless of its content. Thus, even pop music might work wonders for you. Music affects all of us in some way or the other. It also is the most common interest of many people. People who love music listen to it while traveling, reading, meditation, walking; some even have soft music while working in their busy routine. It helps them to relax and escape from the stress of their day-to-day lives. It can transport us to another time or place, and it is a great feeling of seeing or doing or experiencing something different.
People have special music corners for themselves, and some people give importance to listening in silence, and some people love to read with light music. Even some people love listening to music before sleeping. Many people love listening to music in the bathroom because they feel it is one of the few rooms where privacy is routinely respected. Some people also love to sing in the bathroom and are called ‘bathroom singers. Music has now become a part of our life as it serves different purposes for each of us.
- It serves as an entertainment tool. For instance, in an occasion or event, music plays a vital role that makes the event lively for the people. Similarly, it creates cordial relationships among the people.
- Moreover, it serves as a tool for corrective measures. Music tells the people on the habit that is uncultured so that such behavior can be for better. Furthermore, it is an agent that is used to educate people. Music can easily convey messages to friends and enemies.
- It serves as a tool for settling the dispute between two or more people. It often helps to put an end to disagreements after listening to related meaningful songs. Music is played for the group to show harmony among them.
- Music also serves as a source of income for human life. It is a profession of particular classes of people like lyricists, playback singers, music directors, musicians, musical instrument players, DJs, etc.
- Lastly, music serves as a message or symbol that indicates the occurrence that is going on in a particular place or event. For instance, If a bad occurrence happens in a particular place, the type of music played there will show the audience or listens to what happened in that event. The type of music played will justify to the listeners what actually going on there