CLEVELAND, Ohio — Ohio University and Toledo be a part of Western Michigan as six Mid-American Convention groups obtained their university soccer bowl assignments Sunday afternoon. Ohio (8-5) is paired towards Troy out of the Sun Belt inside the Greenback Popular Bowl. Toledo (9-3) was paired in opposition to Appalachian Nation within the Camellia Bowl.
As anticipated, the plum of the day changed into an undefeated Western Michigan touchdown in the rewarding Jan. 2 Cotton Bowl against Wisconsin. It’ll be the 1/3 Huge Ten team the Broncos have performed this season, with wins already over Northwestern and Illinois.
“It is euphoric sincerely,” WMU head coach P.J. Fleck said on ESPN. “It’s all actual emotional.” The MAC East champion Bobcats, coming off a heartbreaking loss to Western Michigan within the MAC Championship recreation, cross into their bowl game, understanding they have a hot quarterback.
Senior Greg Windham, injured tons of the season, came off the bench to guide Ohio on a 2nd-half comeback from 23-7 down. Windham threw 3 TD passes and became marching the Bobcats into WMU territory with 51 seconds to play in the game before throwing his lone interception of the game. The Rockets, led by using quarterback Logan Woodside and tailback Kareem Hunt, a 1,000-yard rusher and manufactured from Willoughby South Excessive, had been 2d inside the MAC’s West Division to the Broncos.
Read More Article:
- message guarantees to deliver iMessage to Android
- Some MacBook Pro 2016 Users Are Reporting Pictures Card Problems
- Collection Will Soon Include Highlighter Palettes
- Skype for Enterprise Mac customer gets December update with quite several new features
- 6 guidelines for defeating creator’s block and improving Search engine optimization
Here is the 2016 MAC Bowl lineup.
Right here is the 2016 MAC Bowl lineup.
* Greenback Trendy Bowl, Mobile, Ala., Dec. 23, 8 p.M. ESPN — Ohio U. Vs. Troy
* Raycom Media Camellia Bowl, 1st viscount Montgomery of Alamein, Ala. Dec. 17, 5:30 ESPN – Toledo vs. Appalachian St.
* St. Petersburg Bowl, Dec. 26, eleven a.M. ESPN – Miami vs. TBD
* Miami Seashore Bowl, Miami, Fla., Dec. 19, 2:30 p.M. ESPN — C. Michigan vs. Tulsa
* Popeyes Bahamas Bowl, Nassau, Bahamas, Dec. 23, 1 p.M. ESPN – E. Michigan vs. Antique Dominion
* Cotton Bowl, Dallas, Texas, Jan 2. Midday ESPN – W. Michigan vs. Wisconsin.
“Obviously, a brilliant effort by using Western Michigan for the Cotton Bowl berth,” MAC Commissioner Jon Steinbrecher stated after the bowl bulletins, which covered the $6 million paydays as WMU is the top crew outdoor the energy conferences.
“For the second time in five years, we have landed in this spot.” The alternative plus is half the league is in bowl video games, too. “That is the 9th time we’ve had five or extra in bowl video games, and very often placing six,” Steinbrecher stated. “That is very fine for this Conference and speaks properly for how our teams come to be bowl eligible with their non-Conference performance. We’re having success in the non-Conference.”